- 15th - 18th March 2016 - Manchester
- 7th - 10th June 2016 - Aberdeen
- 4th - 7th October 2016 - Manchester
This course is designed to provide engineers involved in Safety Instrumented Systems with elementary and necessary knowledge about functional safety within the process, oil & gas, petrochemical and chemical industries. Based on the international functional safety standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511, delegates also have the opportunity to have their functional safety competency confirmed by the TÜV Rheinland upon successfully passing the exam.
- Introduction to Functional Safety - Legal requirements, Layers of protection, Safety Instrumented System, Safety integrity level, Problems and failures with safety systems, Functional Safety Standards
- The basics of functional safety - Functional Safety Management, Lifecycle Concept, Documentation, Verification & Validation, Assessments & Audits, Competency of people
- Hazard & Risk Analysis – Definition, Tolerable risk, Risk management, Hazard Identification Techniques (FMEA, FTA, HAZOP) Hazard Analysis Techniques (ETA) & Risk Reduction Techniques (risk matrix, risk graph, LOPA), Safety Functions and Safety Requirement Specification
- Planning the Safety System - Planning for end users (integrators), Realisation safety system, and Requirements for suppliers
- Hardware Design – Lifecycle, Concepts, Fault tolerance, Diagnostics, Proof test, Safe failure fraction, Architectural constraints, Reliability analysis, Markov modelling, FMEDA, Failure Data
- Software Design – Lifecycle, Safe software, Types of software, Testing, V-model, Measures to avoid failures and control failures
- Certification and Proven In Use - Certification & compliance, Safety Manual requirements, Certificates & reports, Proven in use, Reliability data and sources
- Using the Safety System - Installation and commissioning, Safety Validation, Operation, maintenance and repair, Modification and retrofit
- 3.5 days: 3 consecutive days vocational training with student exercises, plus 4 hours closed book exam in the morning of the fourth consecutive day.
- 4 Hour Exam (maximum duration) comprises of 60 Multiple Choice questions and 25 Open Questions. The passing criteria is 75%. All exams are monitored by TÜV Rheinland, which will issue the successful participants with their personal certificate.
- In accordance with the FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) Program, Participant eligibility requirements are a Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of functional safety, University degree (Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering) or equivalent engineer level, responsibilities status certified by employer.
- This training has been highly recommended by the numerous delegates that have sat this course globally, with testimonials available on request.
What we say about this Course
“Ideal for System integrators, control and process engineers, and risk / reliability / safety engineers and for anyone whose role comes into contact with part of the SIS lifecycle. The quality of course content matched with the experience of the trainer ensures effective learning on this complex subject, with the benefit of sitting the exam for the well-recognised FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) Program clear for both the attendee and their employer”
About the Provider
Hosted by a one of the UK’s most regarded Hazardous Area Industry distributors and delivered by a world renowned Functional Safety expert with over 30 years experience in the field. The quality of the course, the experience and enthusiasm of the trainer, and the collaborative environment that the host provides all make for an outstanding learning experience.
£2,150 plus VAT
Contact us to discuss your requirements today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1244 555044